Certificate in Conflict Management in Child Care
This course is designed for children today are growing up in a frightening world overrun with negative images and violence. You, the early childhood professional, play a key role in helping children grow into responsible, caring members of our society. This course presents effective ways to help children resolve conflicts and methods for teaching these concepts to very young children. This course includes some of the most fun, educational, and innovative activities we have seen!
- Course objectives to help children learn non-aggressive ways to deal with problems
- How children can get confusing and mixed value messages from what adults around them say and do
- Why it is important for adults who work with young children to think through their own values
- The importance of clear communication between adult care providers and the children in their care
- Ways to set up the early childhood facility environment to minimize conflict
- Reasons to set limits for children
- Important things to consider when setting limits for children
- Strategies for evaluating teaching and play materials that teach children cooperative values
- Strategies for dealing with materials that glamorize violence
- Alternatives to war play that stress cooperation
- How books can be used to help children learn constructive conflict resolution skills
- Ways to help children develop empathy
- Activities that help children learn to cooperate with each other, respect the choices of others, respect the rights of others, value themselves and each other, develop empathy, trust others, and act in harmony with others
Mode of Learning
Distance Education (either online or by correspondence) in the convenience of your own home at your own pace.
In order for you to gain entry into the Certificate in Conflict Management in Child Care, all applicants should meet the following entry requirement:
- High School Year 12 English or equivalent qualification.
- Be competent in Spoken and Written English (with an IELTS score of 6.0).
- Relevant qualifications and teaching experience would be considered.
- If you do not fall within any of the above categories and think you are qualified for the course, please submit all your qualifications and a letter explaining why you should be considered. Your application will then be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
Upon successful completion of the course, you will receive a Certificate in Conflict Management in Child Care.
Online course fee - USD250.00