Certificate in Early Childhood Professional
This course is designed for early childhood professionals, working in homes or centers. Become a more professional childcare worker as you examine standards for high-quality child care and ways to show respect for diversity among children and families, develop congenial relationships with families and staff, and manage stress.
- The purpose of child care and early childhood education
- Characteristics of developmentally appropriate child care
- The meaning of professionalism in child care
- Characteristics necessary for child care providers
- Duties and responsibilities of various jobs in the child care profession
- Ethical standards for child care professionals
- Respecting diversity among children and families
- Ways to analyze classrooms for an anti-bias approach
- Ways to show respect for family differences
- Ways to ensure a congenial relationship with parents
- How to plan and conduct parent conferences
- Characteristics of successful communication with parents
- Guidelines for harmonious staff relationships
- Five-step problem-solving process
- Stress management strategies
- Sources, signs, and effects of stress
- Ways to reduce stress in child care settings
Mode of Learning
Distance Education (either online or by correspondence) in the convenience of your own home at your own pace.
In order for you to gain entry into the Early Childhood Professional , all applicants should meet the following entry requirement:
- High School Year 12 English or equivalent qualification.
- Be competent in Spoken and Written English (with an IELTS score of 6.0).
- Relevant qualifications and teaching experience would be considered.
- If you do not fall within any of the above categories and think you are qualified for the course, please submit all your qualifications and a letter explaining why you should be considered. Your application will then be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
Upon successful completion of the course, you will receive a Certificate in Early Childhood Professional.
Online course fee - USD250.00